- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INTERNET USE
- DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- CONTACTING US
We may amend this policy at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to make sure that you are using the current version from our website.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you choose to interact with us through enquiring via our website, purchasing any of our products and services, subscribing to our newsletter, responding to a survey, filling out a form applying to work for BodyTech or through any other contact you make with us (eg telephone or email) we will collect information directly from you or any person you have authorised to provide information to us, and hold that information. The information we collect and hold may include any of the following:
- Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, billing details
- Any interactions you have with us (this includes time and date of contact, and relevant emails and documents)
- Other personal information we require from, or about, you to provide the advice that has been requested. This may be in the context of advice you have asked for (for example medical history, medical clearance) and may come from third parties when authorised by you.
- If you apply for a job, information about your qualifications and experience.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to help personalize your experience and respond to your individual needs
- to help us with customer service by more effectively responding to requests and support needs
- to process payments and collect money, including authorising and processing credit card transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- to administer a contest, promotion, or survey
- to send emails and electronic direct marketing. The email address you provide for purchase processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your purchase, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. (unless you have opted out of receiving emails from us)
note:if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us, and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- External and internal premises security
- Storing your information in access-controlled systems
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website or on Instagram or our Facebook page, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
We use a technology commonly referred to as ’cookies’. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies help us provide additional functionality to you and help us analyse site usage more accurately.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Turning off cookies will not affect your ability to use this site.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, but we require those parties to agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable bulk visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8 Nugent Street
09 623 3383